Here are 18 alternative seating ideas for your classroom!
- Floor Pillows - I got these through Donors Choose - they came from LakeShore
- Bath Mats
- Carpet Squares*
- Yoga Balls
- Loveseats or couches*
- Wobble Chairs - I got these through Donors Choose as well!
- Crate Seats - Super easy to make - I brought one to Lowe's and they cut the wood the exact size for me! How kind of them!
- Body Pillows*
- Scoop Rockers - I got mine from OverStock but I heard you can find them at Walmart if you are lucky!
- Benches - I bought bookshelves from walmart & put them horizontal to make a bench!
- Yoga mats
- Lap Desks - I found mine at Hobby Lobby (you can call and request specific colors when ordering online)
- Standing Tables*
- Floor Tables*
- Sit Spots
- Lounge Pillows*
[BONUS] 19. Luv Chicken Seats - these cushions are super light weight, making it easy for kids to carry them from place to place. They are covered in a material that can be wiped off - perfect for all the germs, glitter, and glue that goes around the classroom! Purchase yours on Amazon today!
*These ideas can be done FOR FREE! Carpet Squares - ask a local interior designer or carpet store if they have any extras you can have. I had a good friend give me her prints that were no longer in stock. Futon, Loveseats, Couches, Pillows - Ask your parents! You will be surprised how many people need to get rid of furniture and would love to donate to your classroom! Standing Tables/Floor Tables - Just adjust the legs on the tables/desk you already have in your classroom - no need to purchase the fancy "standing" desks, you already have them!
What other ideas do you have? How do you use flexible seating in your classroom?